Acquiring a marriage license: You must go to court and buy a marriage license, this has a cost when you receive it in court. Both applicants must be present at the time of purchase. In most states, the requirement is to be at least 18 years old and present two pieces of identification. Individual counties offer a premarital course. If you do, the cost of the marriage license will be less expensive. It is not required to get a marriage license. However, State Laws require Georgia counties to charge more for a marriage license if certification of a premarital education program is not shown. A premarital supporting institution must certify premarital courses.
Issues to consider in the State of Georgia:
- As for the age requirement, in Georgia, the minimum age is 18.
- If a couple is older than 16 but younger than 18, both biological parents must consent.
- If either of the couples is divorced, they will have to file a final divorce decree. There is no waiting period for marriage in Georgia.
- You must have two proper pieces of identification when applying for your marriage license. This must be Any photo ID issued by a government (State or any country’s driver’s license, driver’s license, consular registration, voter’s card, or identity card). Other options are Certified copy of the bride and groom’s birth certificates if they are in Spanish translated into English with the certification of translation and notarization of the certification. NOTE: The social security card is not an identification. (Translate your documents with our help)
- The license fees already include a couple of certified copies of the marriage certificate.
- In Georgia, blood tests are not a requirement for marriage.
- If either party is a Georgia resident, the marriage license application must be obtained in any county in Georgia, and the wedding can take place in any county in Georgia. However, if neither party is a resident of Georgia, it must be made in the county where the marriage ceremony is to take place.
Contact us at our Fuerza Latina offices, and bring the marriage license with your identification, meet with the minister to have a marriage meeting.
. Come on the agreed-upon day of the marriage and answer. I DO!